Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday...not much to talk about!

We went to Edilberto's niece, Tatiana's, house for lunch. They live in a very small place in the back of someone else's house. There was a lot of people there for lunch. We had a very nice time. I tried playing a keyboard that was there (I'm so out of practice), listened to Liam and Isabella play the keyboard together (cute!), played with Tatiana's two cats, sat around talking and ate a lot of good food. We had rice, baked ribs, chicken, lasagna, potato and chicken salad, and green salad. Typical Brazilian Sunday lunch with lots of choices on the table. Of course, I had to try them all!

The kids got to have soda pop since they drink that like water here. Our kids rarely ever get to drink the stuff so they always want to have some when they can. Although I'm glad to say they don't really seem to like it much and don't ask for seconds!

We promised the kids since we got here that we'd take them to the park with the lake that has a 100 year old trolley that goes around it that you can ride on for about 50 cents. We were on our way there after lunch when a horrid looking gray mass of clouds were on their way in. Oh bother! They don't run the trolleys when they're wet. The poor kids had to be told there'd be no trolley again when the rain began to pour, but they didn't seem to mind when we said we'd go have ice cream and rent movies to watch at home. That chocolate chunk ice cream was delicious!

I am feeling weary of the piles that are around the house. This moving stuff is getting so old. I am looking forward to being settled. It's close now but not close enough! I am praying for a bucket full of grace. I would love to organize and have a routine. It's the way I am and I've been having to live contrary to that way for far too long. Oh complain complain complain!!!

No comments: