Monday, March 26, 2007

With Kids, Cats and Bags...off to the airport tomorrow!

I highly recommend finding some way to make people think you are leaving a day before you actually leave. Amazingly, I feel like the packing part, even though it is a move, went a lot smoother than I expected (I had my wonderful sister-in-law and a good friend helping me with that, or else I'd be completely lost). There is still a bit of last minute packing to be done. It's hard to not want to spend time with friends and relatives who come by to hang-out. And it doesn't help when your husband isn't around to entertain while you finish the details. Yes, he left everything to the last minute...again! I did do my best in warning him weeks ago about some of the things that needed to be done. Honest, I did! Of course, life would be too dull to do things ahead of time. We just love living on the edge and the gritting of our teeth on a wild ride. Yeah, right!

I am mostly concerned about the cats and how they'll do with the travel. One of them is a nervous type. Hopefully they'll seek the comfort of one another and not scratch each other to pieces in the same carrier. We have an entourage going with us to the airport to help with kids, cats and bags. That is a relief. I've never flown with this much stuff before.

The kids are very excited for the trip. Because of friends visiting, they got to bed very late tonight, unfortunately. We will arrive in Miami very early Wednesday morning. Will write and tell all about the journey when we get there.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Safe journey Janice, and best wishes for children who sleep on planes!

Terri said...

Have a safe flight Janice! ((HUG))