Friday, April 27, 2007

Feeling like a pathetic whimp!

This moving-in stuff has gotten old. I want my house to be organized, furnished, decorated, easy to keep clean, and beautiful...NOW! The Florida room tiling is just about finished as of today (took the guy almost exactly ONE MONTH to install the floor!!!) We just have to clean-up, paint and furnish it now. It will be our guest room/playroom/read and relax room.

The washer and dryer are outside on the patio. I can't do laundry until tomorrow when they're put back in the laundry area. Part of the tiling was done under there. I have a few pairs of pee-peed in underpants from my 3 year old, who's still learning to make it to the toilet, that desperately need a good washing.

Went to make my mom's meatloaf recipe for dinner tonight, but forgot to get tomato sauce. Plan B was spaghetti, but didn't have enough spaghetti noodles. Looks like the kids will be having baked (frozen) chicken nuggets instead. Thought about making blueberry muffins, but realized I don't yet have a muffin tin.

I went to take a picture but realized that the digital camera card was full. I don't yet have a place here to develop pictures (I'm picky. Guess I'll have to go anywhere to start out with).

Wish I had a friend who could just come over and hang-out. Mostly, I wish the kids had friends who could come over and play with them.

O.K. I've been through rougher moments in life. I am just in the mood to whine and cry at this particular moment. Tomorrow will be better!

1 comment:

Robin said...

You are perfectly justified in feel whiny and out of sorts. What you're doing is HARD. Yes, it will be better soon, but right now it's HARD.

Maybe there's a local directory of activities for kids that would help you get out and begin meeting people? Does your local library have storytime?