Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Finally...An Update! (sort of)

Unbelieveable. I have two of my own laptops here, but can't use either one. I've got a loaner laptop from a friend which I'm on now. My friend had one of my other laptops and forgot the power cable to it. It's got no working battery either. And my other laptop has a short so can't receive power from the power cable!

This just reflects our lives right now in trying to get settled into our new home and life here. It seems like every detail, however small, is just plain complicated! I've felt silly for complaining because it's not like we have anything huge to complain about. I just am feeling weary with everything not working.

Take the construction of one of the rooms in the house. The guy who's working on it (new ceiling, dry walling, tile floor and painting), has been ill (migraines - I feel for him!) and hasn't been able to be very consistantly here. Therefore, we are living in this state of construction. There's a layer of construction dust all over the dishes, floors, countertops, etc. My asthma has been bad because of it. Life is on hold for me oftentimes because I don't know if the construction guy is really coming or not; even when he says he will be. I want so much to be completely unpacked! I think this feeling is compounded by the fact that we've been living in temporary situations for over 3 years. We need to be settled for a change!

Edilberto is often torn by wanting to get his family settled at home, and having to work and in the process of learning about the work he's just taken on. I know this will soon be past us. It's just been a difficult past couple of days. The feeling is worse for me because I am not on my own computer and can't communicate en masse like I want to without my Outlook Express and e-mails! I want so much to send out an update on us and PRAYER requests. We can certainly use your prayers if you read this!!! Thanks :).

No comments: