Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday Monday

Glad to say that Isabella is very well now. What a relief!

I spent the day home with the kids though (I had wanted to take them out) because the cable installation guy was here installing our telephone, television and internet hook-ups. I had to follow him around the house deciding what walls to put holes into.

It's nice to be hooked-up finally. Although the telephone isn't working 100% yet and we still need to actually buy some telephones! Every day there are small steps made in getting settled, but it sometimes still seems far from accomplished.

The guy who's putting a new ceiling and floor into the Florida room (a room which we desperately need to have finished for more space and unpacking) didn't show-up again. He's very skilled but quite flaky it seems, in coming when he says he will. The washer and dryer are off of that room, so I end-up doing little laundry thinking he's coming. Or I don't take the kids out to play somewhere because I have to wait for him to show-up. *sigh*

Edilberto was very busy today picking-up large donations for the thrift store and also making some deliveries. It's a lot of physical labor.

All of the details of my day seem so insignificant compared to the Hell that some lived through and are living through in Virginia today. My prayers are with the families who have been stricken by this unbelievable act.

No comments: