Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mashed Potatoes and Thanksgiving Costumes

I like how at school, they spring things on you at the last minutes. I was volunteered to do mashed potatoes for 20 tomorrow. I know this would be easy for most, more adept cooks and homemakers. I almost break out in hives with the responsibility. I can make mashed potatoes, but food on a large scale always intimidates me. Even after having worked in kitchens to feed dozens at a time. I never liked it. So, I am thinking up ways of how to keep the mashed potatoes hot and yummy before they're served to the little Thanksgiving revelers.

Then, I have to come up with a costume for the kids for school tomorrow. Isabella will be coming with me for the Thanksgiving feast at Liam's school. Therefore, I have two pilgrims or Indians to dress, depending on what they're wanting to go as.

I won 4 tickets to see Dennis Miller tomorrow night. My neighbor is going with me. I have two other tickets, but I don't know who else would want to or could go. Edil's staying home with the kids. My neighbor took me to see a play at a local church theater a couple of nights ago. It was a play about a modern day Job (from the Old Testament). It was a tragedy, but with a good message. The high school kids who performed it did wonderfully. Dennis Miller will be quite different than the play we saw earlier in the week. My neighbor is leary about going thinking Dennis Miller might swear. Heaven forbid! She cracks me up. She's really loosened-up since she met me. I think I've had a good influence on her! ; )

No comments: