Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday Night

It's Saturday night. I am sitting here reflecting on the past week. Next week begins busy for us with having places to be every night from Sunday to Tuesday. This past week was crazy for a lot of reasons.

Some things about the past week:

- I was beginning to feel so ill that I thought I might take myself to an emergency room. One of my lungs was hurting along with my ribs after weeks of coughing.

- I went to see a doctor finally, one afternoon, but she wouldn't see me. They didn't take the type of insurance I had and, even though I was going to pay cash at the time of my appointment, they wouldn't take me! It was because of in case I needed to be admitted to the hospital, and something or other. I cried. It turned-out to be a blessing as that afternoon, I started feeling (in my opionion, miraculously) better. This is after over 2 months of feeling like I was on the edge of pneumonia. Amazing. It's from all the prayers that are being lifted-up for me. I know it is. For so many reasons, it is obvious people are praying for me and our whole family.

- Since we're in an unexpected situation here and find ourselves now inbetween jobs and in financial difficulty, we've had our church and other friends rally to help us. We have been so blessed this week and feel a lot of the burden of what we're going through has been lifted in many ways. A humbling process. But it is also a feeling of being cared for and loved that is so special. It also teaches us what other families go through when something unexpected happens. And how important it is to be ready to help. Practical acts and help may seem small, but when in fact, its impact is tremendous to those who are in need.

- I discovered I could get a job as a fire dog. I smelled a fire happening last night, one hour before the fire engines arrived. I actually had gone outside to look around the neighborhood to see if anyone's house had smoke coming out of it. I looked around our house for the source of the smell. I saw nothing. Until one hour or so later, there were sirens (probably around eight fire trucks came to the scene.) The sounds of sirens was coming from the back of our neighborhood, in the neighborhood next door. Bordering that neighborhood is a big warehouse. There was fire inside of the warehouse. Not until the firefighters opened up the side of the building, did the smoke appear! I was amazed my nose had smelled the fire so much earlier. But not really. I have always had a keen sense of smell. It showed me that I really was getting well because my sense of smell was coming back.

- Now Liam's sick. He has had a fever all day today and complaining of feeling awful. His eyes are glazed and he's just not himself. I hate it when the kids are sick. It's such a feeling of helplessness to see them like that. It's such a relief when they are well again.

- I haven't felt well in over two months, and am in awe of feeling well again. It's such a huge turn around and happened so suddenly. I am grateful to be almost completely well, able to breathe again and breathing without pain.

1 comment:

Terri said...

that's a heck of a sniffer you've got there Janice!!! Glad you're feeling better friend. ((HUG))