Friday, February 08, 2008

Grandparents' Day



Isabella and I joined Liam at school this morning. They invited the grandparents for a special Grandparents' Day presentation. Our neighbor was nice enough to be a stand-in Grandma for Liam, since his grandmas are far away and couldn't make it. The kids decorated boxes for their Valentine's Day cards, and then we headed over to the kids' chapel where the students performed music. There was beginning band, as well as choir. The best part for me was when Liam's class did a sign language song to "God Bless the U.S.A." It was nice. The Pre-K kids were adorable as well.

Here are some pictures from this morning:




Liam decorating his Valentine's Box with his "grandma."


Isabella enjoyed the attention she was getting from one of Liam's classmates!


On the playground.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, the Space Shuttle blasted off into space. I was just about to pick Liam up from school. I saw the afterburner cloud outside when I went to the car (although I had tried to see the Shuttle itself, but was unable to this time.) It seemed like the afterburner cloud was a thick cotton rope. It blew in one huge line, as if solid, by the wind and began to fall perpindicular to earth. It lasted for a very long time. It was still quite straight when I took these shots:

No comments: