Friday, February 29, 2008

O.K. So they're growing-up.



Sometimes it's hard to imagine that our kids won't be under our wings forever. Days like today force us to see glimpses of that reality. Though it may sound silly to some, a simple playdate that Liam had today brought those momentary glimpses to my mind. It was his very first playdate ever. He got picked-up at school by his friend's mom. Off he went like a big boy to someone else's house after school. We know the family and have spent time with them before consenting, of course. And he and this little girl "friend" are good buddies. He did just great too. They had a wonderful time. He did say he missed us and home. I knew for him it must have felt like a very long time away from home, having left early in the morning for school. To be honest, it felt like a very long time to me too. I missed him. I just can't imagine that soon, both our children will be older and more and more independent of us. All too soon I'm afraid.

No comments: