Thursday, February 14, 2008

XO XO XO

(note: I've tried doing everything to put spaces in between the paragraphs of this blinking post, but to no avail. I have no clue what's up with blogger.com today *grrr*)


'Kiss' 'Kiss.'
Some Valentine's Memories....
One of the most memorable Valentine's Days I had as a kid was when I was in 7th grade. You could pay $1 and have a carnation sent to someone at school. Well, I was embarrassed as well as elated to receive a carnation from a classmate. He was in the class at the time. He grinned and blushed when the flower-gram arrived and was delivered into my hand. He had a crush on me, which wasn't fully reciprocated. But I am thankful that I was kind enough to appreciate his gesture and remain his friend. I don't recall being too embarrassed either, that I had received a flower from him. It genuinely made me feel special. The smell of carnations can still carry me back to that day!
Today at his school, Liam will be getting a bag of Hershey Kisses from us. The Jr. High students are doing a cancer research fundraiser. You pay $2 to have some Kisses delivered to your student. I had some sent to him. They're also having a Valentine's Day party of course.
Valentine's Day was also the day that my parents met each other. It was at an Officer's Club dance (my dad was in the Air Force at the time). Dad noticed Mom from across the room and asked her to dance. They married within the same year, and they never stopped dancing for almost 48 years. A true Valentine's story.

No comments: