Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Is it really only Wednesday?


This has felt like a long week to me. Perhaps because I'm anticipating the weekend too much. We'll be heading north to Orlando with our neighbors. We're taking the kids to SeaWorld. It will be a nice end to Liam's Spring break from school. Then we'll start a very busy week with Liam getting back into school and Isabella with her dance class, me in my new work routine, and Edil helping out at the ministry he's been working with.


Isabella has dance rehearsals on Monday. Her teacher e-mailed and said that her class will be staying an extra hour. They have a recital in four weeks that they need to get ready for. I sat amazed watching her dance tonight. She has me put on some classical music quite often so she can dance. She really gets into the music and the mood of it. Very expressive and graceful.


Going to Orlando will be a first for us. We've been in Florida for over a year now, but haven't really gotten to enjoy our surroundings much. The beach isn't far from our house, but we don't see it often! Today, I was reminded that we're in Florida when I walked to my car and felt a very nice (for a change) cool and balmy breeze through my hair and on my face. It reminded me of the sea air when I lived in California near the beach. It's not always that the breeze is cool here and coming from off the water. I looked-up at the palm trees and appreciated where I was for a change (usually, I am just in a lot of traffic with nutty drivers, noise, sirens, endless strip-malls (grocery stores, $1 stores, Targets, etc. etc. It all looks the same around here.)

No comments: