Friday, May 30, 2008

What a Busy Time

It's a busy busy busy time of the year. Liam just had his last day of school. It was so hard (for me) to say good-bye to his classmates. I was relieved when, at Isabella's last ballet class of the year the day before, one of the other moms commented on how hard it was for her emotionally at the end of the school year. I never knew! Anyway, I was touched by the hugs I got from Liam's classmates. I guess the time I spent with them all did matter after all. They're such a special group of kids.


As I looked at his album with pictures covering the span of the school year that he and all of the students had received as a gift from their teacher, I realized just how much my little boy has grown-up over this past school year.

Liam wasn't looking forward to second grade, until they visited the second grade classroom the day before school ended. He came away very excited about it all. I was amazed. I wondered what the teacher said to get him so enthused. She's good! The one thing he appreciated was having to earn privileges. That got him excited for some reason.

We went out to celebrate tonight the kids' "graduations" at a Brazilian Rodizio Restaurant. Isabella even got to dance. There was a singer accompanied by the tacky sounding electric piano he was playing! Isabella got right up on the dance floor with her 'papai' (nobody else was dancing). It was sweet to watch them dancing together. I will have to post some pictures later.

Here are some random shots from the past week:





The ballerinas and their families went out for ice cream with their teacher after their last dance class together.


Isabella showing off her skills.

No comments: