Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday Night Babble...

I'm leaning back on about four loads of unfolded laundry, making a comfortable pillow for my head as I type away here; but then causes some slight discomfort when I realize that it needs to get folded and put away before I go to bed. Well, there's always tomorrow.

The kids now have bunk beds in their bedroom (which I'm a little of a nervous-wreck about...but I'll get over it.) We finally finished painting them a lime green to go with their room decor. They have a surfing theme (which allows Isabella to do flowers and Liam to do surfboards and such; the boy/girl room thing isn't easy. But Liam's still young enough to not mind.) I got two cute surfboard shaped frames that holds 3 photographs each. I put them side-by-side with the kids' pictures in them and hung a shadowbox framed picture of a cute car with a surfboard on it above the frames on the wall that matches the colors of the surfboard frames. So...some progress was made today in getting the house to become more "home." I will have to post pictures sometime soon...

ON TO OTHER NEWS: Today, I got to see the bus that was donated to the ministry, which is being sent to a ministry in Panama (I originally thought it was going to Jamaica, but that was incorrect.) It is a very nice one, low mileage, air-conditioned. It's a shuttle type bus like you'd see at a hotel. The recipients are thrilled that they'll have such a nice bus to use. I also plan to post pictures from the thrift store/missionary resource network building soon.

Edilberto has endless opportunities to reach-out to people at work. The store is often a place where people are assigned to do community service, or it receives people who are coming-out of drug/alcohol rehabilitation. Sometimes too, high schools send students to do volunteer community work at the store. Right now, there's a 14 year old boy who was involved in an armed mugging volunteering at the store on a court ordered community service. Edilberto worked with him all day today!

No comments: