Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day


Loving siblings with bed head on Christmas morning.

It's Christmas afternoon and we're hanging-out at home. We've been talking with friends and relatives on the phone. My mom is visiting my brother and his family in Colorado. They've had a bit of snow for Christmas. It's funny to think about as we had Christmas Eve dinner sitting outside in our neighbor's backyard last night. While my kids are on a bike ride later, my brother's kids will be sledding.

As mentioned, we had Christmas Eve Latin style last night at our neighbor's. It was a fun time; especially for the kids as there were several other children to play with. There were presents for the kids that were opened outside in the yard after we ate dinner. It was to go on until midnight as is the custom. But we didn't make it that late. Our kids went to bed at 10 p.m. Even as a night owl, I never made it that late in Brazil (especially because they had their dinner at 11 p.m.). I prefer the earlier to bed, early to rise to open presents tradition I grew-up with.

Either way, this has been a very different Christmas in South Florida. But as I said to my mom on the phone, I've had a lot of those!
Pictures of the kids taken last night:



No comments: