Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve is here!

Christmas Eve is here. I am being tortured. This is the only day this entire year I've had a problem with taste and smell. It's the only day that this dreadful cold I have has attacked those senses. I've got a turkey in the oven. I was looking forward to the smells of a home filled with the smells of a baking turkey. I can't taste the delicious chocolates someone just gave me. I most likely won't be able to taste tonight's Christmas Eve dinner. This just can't be happening!

It can be said I've cooked and baked sacrificially for others because I won't be getting to enjoy the fruits of my labor! Maybe tomorrow's leftovers? They always taste better anyway, don't they?

Oh, to be able to sip a glass of wine and enjoy it with my chocolates. It's just not going to happen. Someone pass me some warm salt water.

1 comment:

Robin said...

That stinks. All that work and you can't even enjoy it.

When I was sick last week a friend told me about this fantastic homebrew for fighting off illness. I started guzzling it and by golly it worked! Take a mug of boiling water (like for tea). Add one clove of peeled garlic, juice of half a lemon, a tbl of honey and as big a pinch of caeyenne pepper as you can stand. Drink a mug often throughout the day. It doesn't taste half bad and it really helped me bounce back faster.

Hope you have a great Christmas despite the cold.