Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So Many Things to Freak Out About

I'm glad I have faith and can cling to God. I think I'd have to be medicated if not. I don't know what people do who don't want to believe (I guess some of those don't do medicate themselves!) Those who run from God. I can't imagine not running to God. Several things touched me personally over the weekend and early this week. Big news stories that I had a personal contact with in some way. It felt very strange. With all the things going on in the world, along with all the things going on in our own little personal world, it can all be overwhelming. Nothing like reflecting on who God is....on His character....on His promises....on Eternity...... Nothing like pondering the fact that He is on the Throne and nothing surprises Him....on the fact that He loves us and has nothing but good intentions for us....on the fact that one day all things will be put right again....This helps to put things in perspective. I know that can be difficult for some to believe who are in the midst of a crisis. But how else do you get through a crisis without God?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great thoughts and promises. Amen
Mike