Tuesday, December 18, 2007

This Would Be A "Do-Over" Day

A do-over day not because it was a great day, because it wasn't. It was one of those "heavy" feeling days when you feel lost and aimless. In fact, even those around us seemed to be in the same funk! Just a weird day. Nothing I had planned for the day happened. That's normally just fine with me, but with Christmas fast approaching, it just puts off things I need to do making it feel more rushed than I'd like.

It was one of those days when the kids argued over diddly things. Our neighbor seemed in a daze. She had come over with her boys to play with Isabella. Liam was at school. Right as they were preparing for the end of the day at his school, Liam was on the floor picking-up paper when a classmate accidentally banged Liam's top front permanent tooth with a chair he was putting-up. The tooth was painful and seemed loose. Although the unexpected trip to the dentist gave us the relief that things were fine, just sore. I was very thankful to only be charged $15 for the X-Ray they took!

The biggest problem with the banged front tooth is that it may interfere with Liam's baby molar extraction this coming Friday. He had an abscess and has been on antibiotics. I pray he'll be able to go through with the extraction. We will know tomorrow. I'd hate for him to have to be on antibiotics any longer than he already has.

I mentioned winning four tickets to the Nutcracker Suite in my last post. I decided I'd go with Isabella and take two of our neighbor friends who we've grown quite close to. One of the neighbors I invited, our next door neighbor, who has two young boys, 4 and 7, and who play with Liam and Isabella. Her oldest boy has terminal cancer. She said she'd like to take him as she knows he'd just love it. What a wonderful idea that was!

My thoughts then were, "I wish I could buy his ticket." The seats we won are around $60 a piece. I knew I couldn't buy the ticket and knew that she'd be more than willing to. I just wanted it to be our treat. I phoned the ballet company and explained that I needed to know how we could get a seat reserved next to the seats we had won (the theater was to choose for us in the orchestra section). I explained about my neighbor who I'd invited and how she wanted her terminally ill seven year old son to go as well.

The nice man on the other end asked my name, address, and phone number. He said, "It's been taken care of." I then asked how much it all would come to for his ticket. He replied, "It's on me!" I choked-up and thanked him and told him how sweet this little boy was and how nice it was that he'd get to go. The man said it was his pleasure to provide the ticket for him to go. That sure made my day!

No comments: