Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The List



From reading this list, can you guess what these items are for?

Q-Tips
Kleenex
Baby Wipes
Shaving Cream
Paper plates
Paper towels
Hand Sanitizer
Plastic Forks
Plastic Spoons
Ziploc Bags
Paper Towels

If you haven't guessed yet, the rest of the list might give it away...

Box of crayons
Washable Markers
Scissors
3 ring binders
pocket folders (colors specified)

Pencils
1 Red Pen (try and find just ONE red pen. Red pens come by the ones only inside a packet of 10 black pens!!!)


Ruler with inches and centimeters
Erasers
Glue Sticks

Bottle of Glue
Play Doh 4-pack
Nap Mat
Composition Book
etc. etc.

This was part of the shopping list from school for Pre-K and Second Grade! What a preschooler is going to do with shaving cream is beyond me! I did tell Isabella that the Play Doh was a good sign though (fun stuff).

I didn't find a "nap mat." Of course, there are always such specific specifications! It has to be VINYL only and 1 inch thick. I will continue the hunt with all the free time I have (yeah right!) Besides, I'm sure Isabella will think she has no use at all for a nap mat. What's a nap?

Oh what fun to go back to school shopping. My head was spinning when I left Target trying to track everything done. All the while Miss Isabella was interrupting my concentration in the search with having to tell me every item she saw that she wanted for her birthday! Didn't she hear me say she couldn't have everything?


She was quite amusing in her princess crown with shiny colorful carnival beads hanging off that she had draped across her head, and her plastic purse full of her lip glosses. Topped off with red polka dotted sunglasses. The girl is hilarious!


1 comment:

Homeslice said...

Hi Janice -

We have the same list. I think what you need is a KinderMat. We sell them (comes in handy cuz I have a daughter starting kindergarten in 3 weeks!). Our website is www.napmatsandmore.com. Hope it helps and good luck!

Cristina